The Smith-Bullas Collection

Portion of a modern-day tourist map showing the locale of the old Smith farm neighbourhood in East, McAdam and Sullivan Streets (bottom right) in relation to greater Daylesford

The route of the now dismantled Daylesford to Ballarat railway line can be seen as a series of dots branching from the Tourist Railway.  This branch diagonally transected the Smith farm in East Street.

It appears that the old Smith's Creek is known now as Stony Creek.

Links to the rest of the collection are below this image.

South-eastern Daylesford

Love to hear from you!
Links to the rest of this collection

   Portion of a Railways Department 1885 map showing the location of the Smith farm and buildings, Smith's Creek, the route of the planned Daylesford to Ballarat line and the home of son William's future wife, Jane Tresise.

   Section of William and Anne's 1858 marriage registration showing William's signature and Anne's mark.

   Section of William and Anne's son William's 1890 marriage registration showing father's and son's signatures and mother Anne's or sister Anne's signature also.

   Grandson Reginald Smith's WW1 enlistment recorded in The Daylesford Advocate.

    Reginald's departure from Daylesford for WW1 service.

    William and Anne's grave, Daylesford Cemetery.

   The inscriptions on William and Anne Smith's grave in the Daylesford Cemetery.  (There are two images on this page.)

   Son William's grave, Daylesford Cemetery.

   The Egerton Cemetery grave of Anne's nieces, Rosa and Elsie Bullas.

Smith-Bullas Collection Home

Martyn and Helen's Directory

Return to the top of this page