The Smith-Bullas Collection

 
William and Anne Smith's grave in the Daylesford Cemetery

William and Anne are buried here together.  One of their sons, Joseph Albert, is buried with them also.

William, a farmer, died on 11th June, 1896 at East Street, Daylesford.  He was buried on 13th June.  Methodist Minister Rev W. R. Cunningham presided.

Thirty years later, another Methodist Minister, Rev T. Pollard James, presided at Anne's burial, which occurred on 16th July, 1926.  She had died on 14th July at Queensberry Street, Daylesford.

Links to the rest of the collection are below this image.

In Memory of William and Anne Smith

Enjoying the collection?
Links to the rest of this collection

(Note:  Viewing the maps in the listed order will give you a 'zoom out' effect.)

   Portion of a Railways Department 1885 map showing the location of the Smith farm and buildings, Smith's Creek, the route of the planned Daylesford to Ballarat line and the home of son William's future wife, Jane Tresise.

   Portion of a modern Daylesford tourist map showing the location of the Smith farm in East Street relative to the town centre.

   Section of William and Anne's 1858 marriage registration showing William's signature and Anne's mark.

   Section of William and Anne's son William's 1890 marriage registration showing father's and son's signatures and mother Anne's or sister Anne's signature also.

   Grandson Reginald Smith's WW1 enlistment recorded in The Daylesford Advocate.

  Reginald's departure from Daylesford for WW1 service.

   The inscriptions on William and Anne Smith's grave in the Daylesford Cemetery.  (There are two images on this page.)

   Son William's grave, Daylesford Cemetery.

   The Egerton Cemetery grave of Anne's nieces, Rosa and Elsie Bullas.

Smith-Bullas Collection Home

Martyn and Helen's Directory

Return to the top of this page